If you enjoy turkey hunting, trading outdoor stories with friends, and improving wildlife habitat, then come join our group. The Houston Chapter of NWTF is made up of men and women from all over the Houston metro area who are interested in wild turkey conservation and preserving the hunting tradition. Proud members of the National Wild Turkey Federation and the Texas State NWTF.
News & Events
2013 Houston Chapter Spring Banquet Saturday, February 16th 6-10PM at THe Stein Room
In addition to improving wild turkey and wildlife habitat, funds raised by the Houston chapter go to support the following programs:
- Scholarship Fund - We provide $3,500 in college scholarships yearly to area youths who have shown a commitment to conservation as well as to community service.
- JAKES Conservation Event - An event open to all area youth where they can learn about conservation, hunting safety, and the wild turkey is held each year by the chapter.
- Education Boxes - Each year a conservation education box is provided to an area school.
- Turkey Seminars - The chapter offers turkey hunting and calling seminars for youths and adults at various locations as well as for local youth organizations.
- Calling contests - The chapter is co-sponsor of two turkey calling contests, The Texas State Championship and the BassPro Spring Turkey Challenge.
This years contest had a new location and sponsor - Cabela's. Louie Wiess IV of Pearland dominated the competition in both the State and Open Divisions of the 2011 Texas State Turkey Calling Championships, held January 15th at Cabela’s in Buda, south of Austin. This years Hunter division was won by Dalton Aarness while Mikayla Nixon again took home first in the Junior and Friction Divisions. (complete results)
Saturday, February 16th, 2013 6:00-10p.m.
Live Auction, Silent Auction, Raffles and Games! Scholarship Presentation! Hunts, Fishing Trips, Guns, Wildlife Art Free Beer and Camaraderie!
For more info click here.